Formed initially as a subsidiary of the UK Improvement Foundation, the Improvement Foundation (Australia) Ltd was established in Adelaide in 2006 as a not-for-profit organisation.
What we do
We provide expertise in the development and delivery of quality improvement techniques, such as the Collaborative methodology, to bring about small and large system change. We support improvement work by providing specialist change management advice, and leading edge IT systems, which enable robust measurement of improvement efforts.
How we work
- We work in partnership with organisations and their frontline staff to help improve their services, enhance their systems, and to work more efficiently.
- We use established improvement methods to give people the skills and knowledge they need to make on-going and sustainable improvements.
- A culture of continuous improvement, learning, participation and partnership is at the heart of everything we do.
The aim of the Improvement Foundation is to lead the country in enabling and driving quality improvement in the primary health care sector.
We empower organisations, teams and individuals to improve the quality of their services, whether services are delivered directly to patients or delivered by supporting organisations to general practices or primary health care services. We do this by:
- Designing and implementing large or small scale improvement programs that produce rapid improvements that benefit communities.
- Developing individuals and teams through the transfer of skills and knowledge. This is achieved either through engagement with improvement programs and / or direct training and development courses.
- Measuring accurately and reliably our program activity and allow the measurement system to be used broadly by others
- Encouraging knowledge, innovation and sharing by building networks from the ground up.
- Providing a unique quality improvement portal which supports and assists the improvement of our primary and indigenous health sector.
The Improvement Foundation will be a recognised leader in, and centre of excellence for, the design, development and delivery of quality improvement programs for health care and community services. We will achieve this by focussing on achieving key milestones over time.