Since 2011, the Improvement Foundation have been working with The George Institute on their TORPEDO study; which is a trial to improve cardiovascular risk management in 40 General Practices and 20 Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in NSW and Queensland.
The Improvement Foundation receives the data collected as part of the TORPEDO trial and provides this data back to the George Institute and the participants in graphical form. The IF provides both technical and helpdesk support to the participants of this project.
About the George Institute
The mission of The George Institute for Global Health is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide. Their work includes:
• Improving healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
• Preventing the complications of diabetes
• Improving outcomes among stroke survivors
• Using mobile technology to make healthcare accessible worldwide
• Developing tools to empower people to improve their own health