Improving Outcomes for your Communities
The Improvement Foundation (IF) is offering an opportunity to engage your general practices and/or Aboriginal Medical Services to improve outcomes for cancer screening.
Applying the proven Collaborative methodology to this new topic area, participation can achieve the following benefits:
- Create local clinical exemplars
- Improve health outcomes for patients
- Trial new approaches for improving cancer screening rates for breast, bowel and/or cervical cancers
- Improve team dynamics and create a culture of quality improvement that is transferable to other priorities
- Improve business performance and best practice care through the enhanced use of clinical and business systems
- Access to RACGP Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
Practices will participate in a 9-month program, which includes:
- A data-driven approach to quality improvement using monthly data to stimulate and monitor improvement activity
- Virtual workshops to learn from experts
- Opportunities for practice staff to share ideas with peers leading to the rapid spread of innovations
IF will develop and deliver this program which will include:
- A handbook for participating practices which provides a practical resource containing improvement recommendations from an Expert Reference Panel
- Access to Collaborative infrastructure for data submission, feedback and benchmarking
- Series of four virtual workshops
- Training for support staff
- Opportunities for peer learning at both local support staff and practice levels
Orientation will occur in August 2017.
To get the most out of this program, we encourage local support for practices and we will guide your support teams on how to do this. Where your PHN is able to provide local support, participation fees are as listed in the ‘PHN Support’ line in the table below. Fees vary depending on the number of practices recruited.
Where your PHN prefers IF to provide practice support, participation fees are as listed in the ‘Central Support by IF’ line in the table. Please note that actual fees will be determined once practice recruitment has been finalised. A payment schedule can be negotiated to commence in June 2017.
|Indicative Cost per Practice|
|0-4 practices||5-8 practices||>9 practices|
|Central Support by IF||$7,200||$6,750||$6,000|
|+ $2000 per PHN to provide support with activities prior to the commencement of the Wave, including practice recruitment.|
Please note that we require minimum numbers for this Collaborative to proceed and that expressions of interest close on 30 May, 2017.
Please complete this expression of interest form to proceed.
To find out more about this this improvement solution, contact us on (free call) 1800 771 522.