As of 1 March 2014, the Improvement Foundation received approval from the Department of Health to continue delivering OCHREStreams until 30 June 2017.
More than 320 Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and Aboriginal Medical Services nationally are currently registered to the web based reporting system, OCHREStreams.
The continuation of OCHREStreams will enable the continued electronic collection of the National Key Performance Indicators and Online Services Report data. This data provides consistent up-to-date information on the performance of Indigenous specific health services, supporting them to improve patient outcomes and achieve health related targets:
- to close the gap in life expectancy within a generation; and
- to halve the gap in mortality rates for Indigenous children under five (within a decade)
Further, the continuation of the OCHREStreams system means:
- Users can access an ongoing web based system for uploading data that can be used for multiple programs and purposes, including continuous quality improvement activities
- There is ongoing access to submitted data, and use of the Pen Clinical Audit Tool for data extraction, at any time.
- Health Services can access existing training materials online, such as User guides and Quick Reference Guides to up-skill new staff.
Access to, and use of, OCHREStreams has grown from 92 health services in February 2012, to more than 320 services as at December 2013. In addition to working with the Department of Health to plan, build and implement the OCHREStreams system, the Improvement Foundation have trained more than 1000 individuals to use OCHREStreams.
“Reporting through OCHREStreams has been straightforward and very user friendly. It was easy to upload the data to OCHREStreams from Pen CAT, and anytime I did have questions, it was great to have the help desk support available. All in all I found it quite easy”.
Chantal Slater, The Gathering Place
For more information about OCHREStreams visit the website at www.ochrestreams.org.au or contact the Improvement Foundation on 1800 771 5221800 771 522.