Taking you from needs assessment through to service delivery
Let the Improvement Foundation guide you through your needs assessment process, easily and efficiently. The National Health Reform Agreement (2011) requires all Medicare Locals to identify local health needs and develop locally focused and responsive services. Your Medicare Local is required to undertake a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) every three years, with the first update due in May 2014.
Navigating this process can be challenging, complex and time consuming, but our team of specialised experts can help you. You’ll have the flexibility to select only the options and level of support you require, so you’ll get the right skills and services, exactly when you need them.
Choose your solution package
- Individual needs assessment components
- Complete needs assessment package
- Complete needs assessment package and population health and service planning cycle
Getting started with your needs assessment
Undertaking a needs assessment is a critical requirement of your Medicare Local’s planning cycle. We can support this work through a range of services:
A ‘kick-off’ workshop to get your planning team informed and engaged
Use of our Quality Improvement portal, qiConnect, to collate evidence, communicate with your team and share information as you progress.
- A Population Profile and Service Gap Report for your region
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement strategy that includes facilitated workshops to identify the key actions to drive change over the planning period
- A Triangulation Report which pulls together your evidence into a coherent summary
- An Issues and Options Report to help you identify the most appropriate strategies and give you the best foundation for making decisions
- A Priority Setting Workshop conducted with your stakeholders according to your preferred methodology; and
- A Summary Workshop to confirm priorities and communicate strategies.
Our expert consultants will take the time to understand what your needs are and work with you to identify how we can support your team to achieve results. You’ll have the flexibility to select only the options and level of support you require, so you’ll get the right skills and services, exactly when you need them.
By partnering with us, Medicare Locals can benefit in a number of ways:
- Save hundreds of hours of time by having IF take care of the data compilation and analysis for you
- Avoid purchasing expensive software programs and data sets
- Reduce risk by exploring evidence based scenarios prior to implementation
- Make the needs assessment exercise more meaningful by linking it directly to service planning and monitoring
- Re-use the analyses to streamline services, support business cases, apply for grants, and report internally
- Communicate with stakeholders and community
- Increase staff and stakeholder engagement through the use of a simple, transparent process
- Achieve results by establishing clear pathways and milestones
- Access a dynamic service that can capture your evolving landscape to inform annual reviews
You have your Medicare Local needs assessment, what’s next?
Needs assessment is just the first step in a much larger process of planning and developing effective services. Once you have this we can work with you to:
- Develop an Action Plan that translates strategies into tangible actions
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework to track progress against actions
- Monitor your progress against strategies within qiConnect
- Review your impact and outcomes via an Evaluation Report.